PPSSPP (an acronym for “PlayStation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably”) is a free and open-source PSP emulator for Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, Nintendo WiiU, Nintendo Switch, BlackBerry 10, MeeGo, Pandora, Xbox Series X/S and Symbian with an increased focus on speed and portability. It was first released to the public on November 1, 2012, licensed under the GNU GPLv2 or later. In this post, I will explain How to Connect PPSSPP Multiplayer Games.
PPSSPP can be enjoyed better when using a phone with a high Android like Android 10 and a phone with a big screen. Playing PPSSPP can be even enjoyed more when you play the game with a friend by connecting to play with them.
However, many PPSSPP users are not aware of the multiplayer feature of the PPSSPP while others find it difficult to connect the multiplayer feature of the PPSSPP.
This article therefore will explain how to connect PPSSPP multiplayer with friends.
How to Connect PPSSPP Multiplayer Games
To connect to PPSSPP multiplayer, you can follow these steps:
- Make sure you and your friend have the PPSSPP emulator installed on your devices. PPSSPP is available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, and other platforms.
- Ensure that both devices are connected to the same local network, such as Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- Open PPSSPP on both devices and go to the “Settings” menu.
- In the “Settings” menu, select “Networking” and make sure the “Enable Networking/WLAN” option is checked.
- On one of the devices, go to the “Ad hoc Server” option under the “Networking” menu. This device will act as the server for the multiplayer session.
- On the other device, go to the “Ad hoc Client” option under the “Networking” menu. This device will connect to the server.
- On the device acting as the server, change the “Host IP address” listed under the “Ad hoc Server” settings to ” 191. 168. 43. 1.” Make sure that the IP addresses of the two phones are changed to the same IP address above.
- On the device acting as the client, enter the “Host IP address” from the server device.
- Once the IP address is entered, click “Connect” on the client device to establish the connection with the server.
- Both devices should now be connected in multiplayer mode. You can now launch a multiplayer-compatible game on PPSSPP and start playing with your friend.
Note: It is essential to have a stable and low-latency network connection for a smooth multiplayer experience. Additionally, not all games support multiplayer mode, so make sure you choose a game that is compatible with PPSSPP multiplayer.
How To Maintain Connection While Playing PPSSPP Multiplayer
Connecting PPSSPP multiplayer is not enough. You also need to know how to maintain a connection while playing. To maintain connection, take note of the following:
- Don’t encourage long distances between the two phones. There is a need to be a close connection to maintain the connectivity.
- Avoid calls. Incoming calls can distract connections and make you lose the current game. A little way to avoid losing the current game is by ignoring all incoming calls on both phones.
- While selecting through options, there is a countdown timer usually on some games e.g. PES. Make sure you complete all preferences before the countdown ends or you get disconnected.
The multiplayer feature of the PPSSPP is not difficult to connect. It, however, depends on your knowledge of connecting it. If you follow the above steps carefully, your game will be connected successfully to your friend’s phone and you will enjoy your multiplayer game.