There are some posts we would not want to reveal to all of our Instagram followers because of certain reasons, some of them might make fun of us and the post or even go as far as spreading negative news about it. To avoid these, the only solution is to hide your Instagram post from these certain followers. Knowing these methods will help you enjoy your privacy and peace of mind, so here are ways on How to Hide Posts from Someone on Instagram
3 Ways of Hiding Instagram Posts from Certain Followers
Instagrammers have been looking for ways to hide certain posts and stories from their followers for quite a while now. Almost everyone wishes to hide their post from someone especially if they are celebrities and influencers.
You accept the following requests because you need followers to grow your account. And then the same followers make you think ten times before posting any content. Those users can be trolls, spammers, or bullies.
So, let’s talk about those three amazing methods that can help you hide your post from these bullies.
1. Switch to a Private account
If you have a public Instagram account, you can switch to a private mode on your account and block unwanted followers who act as bullies or trolls. This way, you can effectively hide your Instagram post and stories from those certain trolls and bullies.
Here’s the procedure for switching to a private account; How to Switch from a Private to a Public Account on Instagram:
- Tap on your profile picture.
- Click on the three horizontal lines icons on the top-right and select “Settings.”
- You will find the tab “Privacy” in “Settings”; click on it.
Select the option of “Private Account,” and your account won’t be shown to anyone whom you haven’t accepted his/her follower request. These will give you additional privacy and would only allow your followers to see your photos, videos, and stories.
2. Block the User/Follower
If you don’t want to go with the first method because you’d like to make your Instagram profile available to the public; you can block those users directly, and they will never get the notification that you blocked them. They won’t be able to see your future posts nor will they be able to like or comment on them. Here are steps to block someone on Instagram; How to Block Someone on Instagram:
- Go to Instagram’s “Explore” page
- Enter the account or username that you would like to block in the search bar.
- Click the three vertical dots on the top-right corner of the user’s profile, there will be an option of “Block,” select it.
Now the user won’t be able to contact you or see your posts again with this account or any new account that they will make afterward. This is one of the most efficient methods of How to Hide Posts from Someone on Instagram
This blocking process is reversible just in case you change your mind. How to Unblock Someone on Instagram;
To unblock someone on Instagram, you simply have to go into your blocking list, scroll down to find that person’s profile, and tap “Unblock”.
3. Hide Your Instagram Stories
You can also hide your Instagram stories from certain followers. If you don’t want some of your followers to see your story, you can hide it from them. Also, you can control who sees anything you add to your story.
To hide your Story from someone; How to Hide your Instagram Story from Someone
- Click on the three horizontal line icons on the top-right of your profile page and select “Settings.”
- Tap the “Privacy” option in the settings, then choose “Story.”
- Click on the “Hide Story From”
- Select the people you would like to hide your Story from, then tap “Done.”
How to hide like on Instagram
- Click on the three horizontal line icons on the top-right of your profile page
- Click on “Settings” and then tap “Privacy”
- In Privacy, click “Posts”
- Then enable the “Hide likes and views counts” option
How to hide posts on Instagram without deleting
- Visit your profile.
- Click the three vertical dots on the post’s top-right corner.
- Select “Archive” from the list and the post will be removed but not deleted from your Instagram feed