Facebook is a website that allows you to socialize and connect with friends, colleagues, loved ones, and family online. It is also a website that allows one to share his or her thoughts, music, pictures, videos, and articles with others virtually (without seeing or talking to them physically). In this blog post, we will talk about a few steps on How to Lock Your Facebook Profile
This particular social media platform has become a huge part of our lives because we always want to stay connected to our loved ones, friends, colleagues, and family. Based on the freedom this social media platform has created, people tend to stalk your lifestyle by going through your pictures immediately after you post, downloading your profile pictures, and some even go as far as using your pictures to create a new account and scam other people. To prevent these from happening, Facebook (Meta) has introduced a new feature known as Facebook Profile Lock.
This feature was introduced because of the increase in the scam rate. The feature allows you to always have total authority over your profile and how the public sees or views your profile. This feature is helpful to those that want to lock their profile and prevent themselves from being stalked. In this post, we will discuss a few easy and simple steps to lock your Facebook profile on Android or IOS devices.
How does Facebook Lock Profile work?
Facebook had to step up its game and introduce the Lock Profile or Profile Lock feature because of the rate at which stalkers and scammers are using the social media platform as their den. This feature gives you an upper edge over stalkers. Once your Facebook profile is locked it restricts and prevents other people from the public who are not your friends from viewing or going through your profile. In addition to that, they will not be able to download your profile picture and cover photo or even send you a message. Furthermore, the feature changes your previous posts from public to friends, also the timeline review and tag review features will be activated, which simply means that others will have to take permission and you will have to approve them before they can tag you on their post.
How to lock Facebook profile on Android and IOS App
Facebook has made it easy to lock your profile and prevent you from stalkers and scammers. These steps will serve as a guide;
- Tap on your Profile Picture to go to your Facebook Profile immediately after the Facebook app is been opened.
- Tap on the three-dot navigation menu. This is next to the ‘Add to story’ or ‘Edit Profile’ section on your Facebook app.
- Scroll and find the ‘Lock Profile’ option.
- Tap the ‘Lock your Profile button to enable this feature.
With this step, your profile has been locked successfully. Also, if you wish to unlock your profile you can also go through the simple steps listed above.
How to lock a profile on a website
Your profile can also be locked on the website with the following steps;
- Browse facebook.com on your desktop browser. Click on “Login” and enter your login details which are your Phone Number and your Password.
- Tap on your profile, to go to your Facebook profile page.
- You will find a three-dot menu, click it.
- Tap the Lock Profile option.
- A pop-up message will be shown, and you will see lock your profile at the bottom. Tap on it to activate this feature
Additionally, you can also unlock your Facebook profile using the same procedure. With the Lock Profile feature, Facebook has been able to reduce the rate of scamming in its own little way.