WhatsApp; one of the biggest social media platforms for image and video sharing, messaging, and calls (audio and video) on planet earth recently made a trending update to its application, in this blog post we’ll talk about How to Post Voice Notes on WhatsApp Status
In the earlier stages of WhatsApp, before Facebook’s acquisition, WhatsApp was just all about image sharing and texting, now it’s more than that, especially with the status feature which allows you to share, images, videos, and texts with your friends and family for up to 24 hours.
Over the years, WhatsApp has been releasing some great updates to its application to improve user satisfaction and make the app easier and more social to use. Some of their recent updates include WhatsApp communities, self-messaging, improved UI, and the trending Audio Status.
What is WhatsApp Audio/Voice Status?
In recent updates, WhatsApp users can now record and upload short audio files (just like voice notes) no longer than 30 seconds on their WhatsApp status. This feature was launched recently and has been gladly accepted by most users.
It works just like your regular status; the audio will stay on your status for up to 24 hours. This feature is more user-centered as it gives you an alternative to typing and sharing images.
How Do I Get Started?
You might be wondering how this feature works and how to make it work on your WhatsApp application. Here are the steps you should take if you already have the application in other to enjoy the advantage of this feature.
- The first thing you will have to update your WhatsApp application.
- After updating the app new features will be added to the app.
- Now the voice note is already added to your WhatsApp.
How to Post Voice Notes on WhatsApp Status on Android
You might not be able to have access to the audio status feature because it is still in the beta testing stage. If you are able to use this feature, then you are a beta tester for Meta. You can easily record and upload an audio to your WhatsApp status on Android by;
- Open your WhatsApp application
- Switch to the status tab
- Tap on the pencil icon
- Then, click on the microphone icon in the bottom right corner and start recording.
- Tap on the send icon to upload your audio to your status after recording
After uploading, your voice status will be shared will all your contacts, if you won’t like to share with all your contacts, you can easily hide your WhatsApp status from them.
Alternative; How to Post Voice Notes on WhatsApp Status on Android
If you are not a beta tester, or you didn’t understand the first process of uploading the audio to your status as an Android user, you can use this alternative step to upload a voice status on your WhatsApp.
- Record and send a voice note to a friend or yourself on WhatsApp
- Click and hold the voice note to select it after sending
- Click the forward button on the top right corner
- Select “Forward to Status”
You can use this if can’t post on your WhatsApp status directly.
How to Post Voice Notes on WhatsApp Status on IOS
In the same way, you can post a voice status on WhatsApp for Android, you can also do that on WhatsApp for IOS by following these simple steps;
- Open your WhatsApp application
- Switch to the status section
- Click the plus button to add WhatsApp status
- You’ll now see three options; Camera, Text and Voice
- Select “Voice” and a new screen will open up
- “Record” should be clicked to start recording the audio, and when finished, “Stop recording” should be clicked.
- After recording, send to your status
WhatsApp is upgrading every day with new features.